Female participation in sports at Port Huron High School changes significantly with the formation of the Athletic Association which oversaw all athletic scheduling and activity at the school. For the first time Port Huron High had and athletic director and in 1924 joined the Southeastern Michigan League for schools outside the city of Detroit. Port Huron High School needed teams in football, basketball, baseball and track.
This required the school to carry boy’s basketball and track teams in addition to the already well established football and baseball. In 1925 National Association of Secondary Principals opposed extramural competition for girls, gate receipts or publicity for girls’ sports. During this time we see the last girl’s basketball team for nearly 50 years until after the passage of Title IX. In 1925 Port Huron High see’s it’s last early female basketball team and cheerleading begins which for the next decade was only boys.